I wonder who is putting together CA, MCA, EM or DA panels?
Send your panel proposal ASAP
Special theme: Pragmatics of the Margins
REMINDER: only about two weeks to go for the panel proposal deadline of 1 June 2018.
Do not wait until the final days.
Note also that there may be a one to two-hour interruption on the IPrA site on Saturday 19 May.
The 16th International Pragmatics Conference, organized by the International Pragmatics Association (IPrA – http://pragmatics.international), will be held in Hong Kong from 9 to 14 June 2019, at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
As on earlier occasions, the conference is open to all topics relevant to the field of linguistic pragmatics, broadly conceived as the interdisciplinary (cognitive, social, cultural) science of language use.
The call for papers is now open (see http://pragmatics.international/page/CfP).
The first deadline, for panel proposals only, is 1 June 2018. For contributions to panels, individual lectures and posters, the deadline is 15 October 2018.
Plenary speakers will include:
- Eric ANCHIMBE, Universität Bayreuth, title t.b.a.
- Jonathan CULPEPER, Lancaster University, working title Identity in pragmatics
- Louise CUMMINGS, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, working title The role of pragmatics in the diagnosis of dementia
- GU Yueguo, The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing, title t.b.a.
- Meredith MARRA, Victoria University of Wellington, working title Fancy fence work: Harnessing the affordances of the periphery
- Marina TERKOURAFI, Leiden University, working title Toward an intuitive pragmatics
sent by Nathaniel Mitchell,